Sorbster features media that simultaneously target multiple metals as well as media optimized for specific elements.
Sorbster® Media is a functionalized, enriched alumina media that covalently bonds soluble metals and other trace contaminants to its active sites. Sorbster® Media is used to remove contaminants in wastewater from a wide variety of applications including temporary remediation and long-term treatment solutions.
• Spent Sorbster® media passes the EPA TCLP (Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure) test and California’s WET (Waste Extraction Test) methods allowing non-hazardous disposal options.
• Sorbster® medias have an adsorption capacity up to 70 percent of its weight, extending media life and minimizing media volume.
• Adsorption is not affected by other common water ions, even at elevated concentrations.
• Sorbster® media's active and diverse chemistries allow selective capture of contaminants in a single pass, reducing CapEx requirements.
• Sorbster® media require fewer change outs than competing medias due to long effective media life.
• Sorbster® media require contact time 50 percent less than competing media, resulting in a smaller equipment footprint.
• Sorbster® media are effective over broad temperature and pH ranges.
• Sorbster® media can be deployed in a variety of ways, extending the number of applications.
• Sorbster® media have been evaluated by independent firms and consistently deliver the lowest total cost of any alternate solution.
Particle Size (um): >841
Bulk Density (#/ft3): 48-55
Moisture Content: <10%
pH Range: 3-10
Flux Range: 1-6 GPM/ft2
Empty Bed Contact Time: 15-30 minutes
Backwash Flow: 10-12 GPM/ft3
Backwash Bed Expansion: 15%
Tank clean out
Refinery stripped sour
Contaminated ground water
Storm water runoff
Chemical plant wastewater
*Optimization for the specified contaminants available
02 24 13.43 Water Assessment
02 52 16 Ion Change Decontamination
02 72 00 Water Decontamination
02 72 13 Chemical Water Decontamination
44 40 00 Water Pollution Control Equipment
46 00 00 Water and Wastewater Equipment
46 63 11 Ion-exchange Vessel Media
46 63 13 Mixed Bed Ion-exchange Vessel Systems
46 61 13 Filter Media